agenda
map gps menu

Flap 1 - Test flight

This morning, we bought copper paste to put on the new spark plugs.

 

Arrived at the airport, there was a departure of commercial flight... then I let you imagine the stress that this causes to these brave workers who think only to return quickly to their home after this single flight of the day...


We go to the plane, we change all the spark plugs, we check everything and we are good for a flight test.


I must admit that after an emergency landing, I had a stomach in my throat... and would have gladly offered my place to someone else...


We start the plane but we have to wait a long time to the taxi, so we lean, we clean the spark plugs, we remain cautious...


Takeoff: ok, I find that my RPM is not very far after the 2500 laps but I do not much used this new RPM... the sound of the engine is top, nothing to say...


I climb to 2500 ft, we do some orbits next to the runway and the engine keeps a nice noise...


We can not fly as much as we want because the flight plan gives us a small slot...


I test the magnetos and we both find that everything is good.


I join the downwind and make a super landing... it puts back in confidence...

 

As soon as we arrived at our parking lot, a girl jumped on us and told us that if we want to leave today we have 1 hour to get clearance, introduce the FP, and go...


As I see that low clouds are hanging on the mountain that we have to fly over, we will first do a weather check...


And the lady tells us with a big smile: broken at 4000 ft...


Gloups, I must have a minimum altitude of 5000ft...


She adds, looking at my disappointment: in a few hours you can leave without problems late afternoon... with a big smile...


Yes but the airport closes in a short time... no ?


The nice boy at the Flight Plan looks at me with a smile and says: "We (here in the tower) are Europe: Eurocontrole... but the airport is Serbia... "
And he summed it all up !


I ask our bodyguard to go see her chief, I want to negotiate a departure tonight...


She warns me already that tonight it will not be possible but may be tomorrow morning...


Ha yes, it is understood that we will leave tomorrow morning...


No, tomorrow the airport opens at noon !

WHAT ????

For a beast cloud stuck to this mountain we must wait 24 hours ?


Faced with his boss, I ask for a departure tonight, and receives a categorical NO in full face... a departure tomorrow morning ? No, you have to ask it 24 hours in advance and it's 18 hours in advance, I can not organize that... dare he tells us straight in the eye, collecting his belongings for go home lunch with bobonne...


Suddenly this airport is deserted, we are really over and not welcome...

 

We will cover and secure the plane, get our luggage already stowed in the plane... and we are again prisoner of this city for 24 hours more...


And no, we have no choice but to go to Sofia because it is excluded to go northwards, towards the south, these are great summits and very long bequests without alternate...


In short, I am furious, I hoped to leave this sinister place, this place looks like an after apocalypse, there is NO service, no help, they stayed in their professional organization 50 years ago.. Evolve guys !


My remarks do not concern the "Europeans" of the tower but the handling on the ground, the customs, and all those people who take advantage of a rigid system without any worries of evolution or improvement...


And now, a few hours later, I look at the sky, there is no more cloud, extra visibility, blue sky and clear summits !


I'm going to do some lengths in the pool...

 

Valerie

 

B1A8P1  B1A8P2  B1A8P3

 



Ce matin, nous avons été acheter de la pâte à cuivre pour mettre sur la partie vissante des nouvelles bougies.

 

Arrivés à l'aéroport, il y avait un départ de vol commercial... alors je vous laisse imaginer le stress que cela occasionne à ces braves travailleurs qui ne pensent qu'à rentrer vite chez eux après cet unique vol de la journée...

 

On va à l'avion, on change toutes les bougies, on vérifie tout et on est bon pour un test flight.

 

J'avoue qu'après un emergency landing, j'avais l'estomac dans la gorge... et aurais volontier offert ma place à quelqu'un d'autre...

 

On démarre l'avion mais on doit attendre longtemps au taxi, alors on "lean", on nettoie les bougies, on reste prudents...

 

Décollage: ok, je trouve que mon RPM est pas très éloigné après les 2500 tours mais je n'ai pas beaucoup l'habitude de ce nouvel RPM... le bruit du moteur est top, rien à dire...

 

Je monte à 2500 ft, on fait quelques orbites à côté de la piste et le moteur garde un beau bruit...

 

On ne peut pas voler autant qu'on veut car le "flight plan" nous donne un petit créneau...

 

Je teste les magnetos et on trouve tous les deux que tout est bon.

 

Je rejoins le downwind et fais un super atterrissage... cela remet en confiance...

 

A peine arrivés à notre emplacement de parking, une nana nous saute dessus pour nous dire que si on veut partir aujourd'hui on a 1 heure pour obtenir la clearance, introduire le FP, et dégager....

 

Comme je vois que des nuages bas sont accrochés à la montagne que nous devons survoler, nous allons d'abord faire une verification météo...

 

Et la dame nous dit avec un grand sourire: broken at 4000 ft...

 

Gloups, je dois avoir une altitude minimum de 5000ft...

 

Elle ajoute à la vue de ma déception: dans quelques heures vous pouvez partir sans problème, fin d'après-midi... avec un grand sourire...

 

Oui mais l'aéroport ferme dans peu de temps... non ?

 

Le gentil garçon préposé au Flight Plan me regarde avec un sourire en coin et dit: " Nous, (ici à la tour), c'est l'Europe: Eurocontrole... mais l'aéroport, c'est la Serbie..."

Et il a tout résumé !

 

Je demande à notre garde de corps d'aller voir son chef, je veux négocier un départ ce soir...

 

Elle me prévient déjà que ce soir ce sera pas possible mais peut être demain matin...


Ha oui, il est bien entendu que nous partirons demain matin...


Heu non, demain l'aéroport ouvre qu'à midi !

QUOI ????

Pour un bête nuage collé à cette montagne on doit attendre 24 heures ?

 

Face à son patron, je demande un départ ce soir, et reçoit un NON catégorique en pleine tronche... un départ demain matin ? Non, il faut le demander 24 heures à l'avances et c'est 18 heures à l'avance, je ne peux pas vous organiser cela... ose-t-il nous dire droit dans les yeux, rassemblant ses affaires pour rentrer vite chez lui déjeuner avec bobonne...

 

Soudain cet aéroport est désert, nous sommes vraiment de trop et pas les bienvenus...

 

On va couvrir et sécuriser l'avion, récupérer nos bagage déjà bien ranger dans l'avion... et nous revoici prisonnier de cette ville pour 24 heures de plus...

 

Et non, nous n'avons pas d'autre choix que d'aller à Sofia car il est exclu de remonter vers le nord, vers le sud, ce sont de grands sommets et de très longs legs sans alternate...

 

Bref, je suis furieuse, moi qui espérait quitter cet endroit sinistre, cette ville ressemble à une après apocalypse, il n'y a AUCUN service, aucune aide, ils sont restés dans leur organisation professionnelle d'il y a 50 ans... Evoluez les gars !

 

Mes propos ne concernent pas les "européens" de la tour mais le handling au sol, la douane, et tout ces gens qui profitent d'un système rigide sans aucun soucis d'évolution ou d'amélioration...

 

Et maintenant, quelques heures plus tard, je regarde le ciel, il n'y a plus aucun nuage, visibilité extra, ciel tout bleu et sommets dégagés !

 

Je vais faire quelques longueurs dans la piscine...

 

Valerie

agenda

map

gps

maptitle
closemap
legendmap
November 2018
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30